Friday, March 24, 2006

Krocabulary Update



Ok, so iterative is this week's new word in my Krocabulary. Basically, what it means is we'll come back and have multiple meetings that will cost you more money as we determine exactly what it is you wanted us to do in the first place.

As is the case with a lot of these words, I'd never heard it until Wednesday. But since then, I've heard it at least 2 dozen times. Curtis, you'll be happy to know, I've resisted the temptation to say it. At least at the point of writing. But as you know, the process is very ... (resisting...urge...to...speak...new...language...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for clear speach to come to your mouth so that they will get it! Jesus told us not to worry about what we will say, but that the Spirit will give us the words when we need them. At least you get to exhibit patience and kindness, two gifts of the Spirit.

Your sister

Pete said...

Oh man, welcome to my WORLD!

"Iterative process" is indeed a euphemism for "don't expect this to be delivered in any reasonable time frame and it's going to cost you a bundle!"

You should get them to sign a sufficiently vague, overly elaborate and "iterative" change control procedure where they need to provide endless detail before they can get any additional funding above the initial contract amount - or something along those lines.

(Your sister is the angel on one shoulder, making me the.. ??)

;o)

Joe said...

Drew Forster!! I knew I'd find you on one of these blogging sites! Alas, here you are. I'm new to this one, it seems so much more sophisticated than some of the others I've seen. I kinda' dig it. Anywho, I hope you and the rest of your beautiful family are doing well! Tell everyone I said hi. I miss you guys a whole lot. Hope to talk to you soon. Take Care and God Bless

peace and love,

-joe p!