Friday, March 06, 2009

The Rest of the 40 books

So I've been hoping and planning wishing to post my thoughts on the rest of the books I read last year. I've finally faced up to the fact that I'm just not going to get to it any time soon. I will eventually fill up my Visual Bookshelf, but I've got some other stuff I want to post on and I have a block about writing those until I complete this series of posts/notes somehow.

So I'm sharing the book titles as list only and then I can write on some other topics including a recent experience visiting a museum in a Rascal electric scooter.

15. Knowing the Face of God by Tim Stafford
16. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (audio)
17. Little Children by Tom Perrotta
18. Heart Talks on Holiness by Samuel Logan Brengle
19. The Appeal by John Grisham (audio)
20. UnChristian by David Kinnaman & Gabe Lyons
21. A Resilient Life by Gordon MacDonald
22, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (audio)
23. Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce (audio)
24. Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy
25. Clapton the Autobiography by Eric Clapton (audio)
26. Teacher Man by Frank McCourt (audio)
27. Everyman by Philip Roth (audio)
28. The Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra (audio)
29. Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley (audio)
30. Transculturalism by TRACE Magazine contributors
31. New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
32. The Teammates by David Halberstam (audio)
33. 11 on Culture: Intersecting Faith & Culture by Geoff Ryan
34. Confessions of a Pastor by Craig Groeschel
35. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon (audio)
36, 7 on Sin: Rethinking the Seven Deadly Sins by Geoff Ryan
37. 5 Things Anyone Can Do to Lead Effectively by Phil Stevenson
38. No More Prisons by William Upski Wimsatt
39. The Uprising: a Holy Revolution by Olivia Munn & Stephen Court
40. The Suburban Christian by Albert Y. Hsu

1 comment:

JFo said...

#27. Wow. Bravo.
Every Philip Roth novel I've ever tried to read (not many), I've just given up on. Actually, I'm pretty sure I finished American Pastoral, but I wasn't happy about it. I know he's a national treasure an all, but his novels are a slog.