Saturday, March 12, 2005

Desert Island Discs or IPodda Have It

In an effort to inspire discussion and lighten things up a little bit, I've decided to put a challenge out there that I always enjoyed in my college's weekly newspaper. It was called Desert Island Discs and the idea was to choose the 10 CD's you would want with you if you were on a deserted island. They would ask popular professors and other campus luminaries to answer the question. I do realize, though that CD's are on their way out and it's all about the mp3 player, so if you'd rather, answer this IPodda Have It question: What are the first 10 songs you did or would or wish you could put on that now universal handheld status symbol--the IPod? Answer either question or both. Just answer!

Here are my answers:

Desert Island Discs (in no particular order)
1. Illuminate -- David Crowder Band
2. Send the Fire -- TYI
3. Hello Nasty -- Beastie Boys
4. Forrest Gump Soundtrack -- Various
5. Beautiful Girls Soudntrack -- Various
6. Derelicts of Dialect -- 3rd Bass
7. Matrix Soundtrack -- Various
8. Access: D -- Deliriou5
9. Offerings -- Third Day
10. Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack (from the movie) -- Cast

IPodda Have It (I don't even have an Ipod, but I just figured out the mp3 feature on my new PDA. Now all I need are some white head phones and I can be an IFraud.)

1. O Praise Him -- David Crowder Band
2. Blessed Be Your Name -- Matt Redman
3. Let Me Clear My Throat -- DJ Kool
4. You Always Do -- Phil Laeger
5. Riley's Song -- Phil Laeger
6. Intergalactic Planetary -- Beastie Boys
7. Walk This Way -- Aerosmith/Run DMC Version
8. Let the Sunshine In/Age of Aquarius -- Fifth Dimension
9. Sweet Home Alabama -- Lynrd Skynrd
10. It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right -- Rob Bass and DJ EZ Rock

1 comment:

Phil said...

you've made my week. I'm on both lists in some way or another... on top of that, to be included in the same list as Skynrd AND Run DMC - WOW. :)