Monday, March 21, 2005

NY Daily News: What's in your iPod?

The daily news has caught on to my iPodda Have It blog. On p. 12 today, there's an interview on the street column asking people what's in their iPod. They really are everywhere on the subway.

Some interesting answers: a jogging real estate broker on the upper west side, now playing "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and also on the playlist: The DaVinci Code, Eminem, and comedians Chris Rock and Lewis Black.

A SoHo construction worker, now playing "New York, New York" by Frank and also on playlist: 50 Cent, Jay-Z , Frankie Valli and Motley Crue. [Talk about eclectic taste.]

The most prominently featured person is a direct marketing account manager from the Bronx listening to "Crossroads" by Deitrick Haddon and she says of the rest of her playlist: "It's all gospel and praise and worship music." [Your iPod could be a tool for evangelism]

So come on, if the Daily News is interested, so are we. Answer one of the music related questions today!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I can't afford an ipod!! =) But I will answer one of your music questions...
Here's my desert island disc collection:
1. Bare Naked Ladies - Gordon
2. Maroon 5 - Songs about Jane
3. a great 80's mix cd that I burnt!
4. downhere - downhere & SMFS
5. Keith Green - Ministry Years(all 4 discs - so I'm cheating a little!!)
6. Josh Groban - both discs
7. Casting Crowns
8. Bryan Adams - So far so good
9. Keane - Hopes & Fears
10. Joshua Kadison - Painted Desert Serenade

Nice blog, Drew! Congrats on the new daughter(although she's got to be getting big now), and give my best to Jen.

Denise =)

Seeker of The Light said...

I can't afford the ipod either, but there are plenty of other brands (check out Archos- big, but they do more than just store tunes).

Anyway, my list:
1. Live to Worship- Lincoln Brewster
2. Open up the Sky- Lindell Cooley
3. Freedom- Darrell Evans
4. Remember- Jason Upton
5. Psalms & Hymns- Wesley Campbell (Praying the Bible)
6. Coming Out of Egypt- MorningStar Ministries
7. Much- Ten Shekel Shirt
8. No Compromise- Keith Green
9. Gravity- Jesse Cook
10. The Planets- Holst

If I could have a few more, I'd add Keith Green's The Ministry Years (all 4 as previously mentioned in another response!), and all the Star Wars albums to date by John Williams!

HuskyGirl74 said...

I don't have an ipod - but my desert island disc collection would be:

1. Wicked Broadway Soundtrack
2. Smokie Norful - Nothing Without You
3. Debbie Gibson - Greatest Hits
4. Martina McBride - Martina
5. Marc Anthony - Self-titled
6. Kirk Franklin - The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin
7. The Cure - Wish
8. Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
9. Josh Groban - Closer
10. Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits

Wow - two girls, huh? Mine are 7 and 4 and they amaze me and continue to fill my life with love and joy every day (as I'm sure yours do). Take care and say hi to Jen for me.

- LeNissa :)