Thursday, April 14, 2005

Back to the Blog

So, I've gotten two comments about my bloggio silence.

I'm back and here's why I've been silent. My family is in transition again. The New York experiment has run its course. The city for Jen, as a mom and a person who grew up in the poster child for small town America, has been overwhelming. The job, for me, with its various distinct simultaneous pressures has been overwhelming. Riley had a tough transition to the city, but has really come along showing surprising ability to identify midtown geography. Funny from yesterday, we were heading up the FDR to go out of the city and Ri was looking across the river and told us that she saw the "Curious George Washington Bridge." Awesome.

Anyway, we're moving on at the end of June, but our plans have recently become more in flux than we thought they were and we've really been through a tough time of examination of ourselves and our situation the last 3 weeks. I'd love to say it's been all prayer and patience and peace, but in our struggles, don't you know we regress into our humanity and into complaining and being hurt and wondering if we can really trust? But I would say now that following some kicking and screaming on our part, we do find of course that God is good and we do have peace even though we really feel like there's a lot of suspense about where we'll be in just under 3 months time. We're trying to ascribe to the Kenny Rogers/Wyclef Philosophy as described in the recent remake of The Gambler: "You've got to count your dumplins before you touch the turntable/Cause if you run out of big dreams, that means your sound is done." You know what I'm sayin?

Covet your prayers and any job openings you might know of. "Maverick, do you remember the name of that truck-driving school we saw on the way up here? I might need that right about now."

No comments: