Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Here's something for your blog


Have you ever been with someone who reads your blog and something catches their attention and they say, "Here's something for your blog?" Well it happened the other day to me. And while the actual stimulus for the comment is very funny and probably something I would comment on in this space, I'm trying to figure out the dynamics of someone else choosing material for my blog. I mean, shouldn't it be my keen powers of observation that lead me to comment in a witty fashion on the fact that Dunkin Donuts advertises their new Turbo Ice as "delicious iced coffee with a KICK of real espresso," but then says in small print at the bottom, "also available in decaf?" How silly is that, an extra kick of decaf espresso? Doesn't that defeat the purpose (as my witty observant friend commented)?

I don't know if I'm a poseur for using material put forward by someone else as "a good one for my blog." By rights, this friend of mine should be posting his own witty aphorisms on the silliness of decaf turbo ice coffee. So what am I left to do? Not post about the topic and let him think his idea was in fact, NOT, "a good one for my blog?" Maybe I should encourage him to start his own blog and have his first post be the decaf espresso shtick.

Alright, enough already. I have to go get myself a turbo ice...
decaf of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drink the decaf iced coffee from DD and have to say that it has more of a punch than your average decaf and that's without the sugar that adds to the "turbo boost." I found out they brew their coffee twice, hence the punch. By the way, I hate the commercials. They make those things sound like crack! I have hard enough time trying to keep people away from the real stuff, now I may have to keep them away from DD too. I hate how advertisers make light of addictions and encourage them in subtle ways. If the coffee doesn't work, will people look for something that will?
From your sister

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am addicted to reading blogs now.
Your sister

blogblogblog said...

I give you less than 3 months until you have one of your own. You've already been sucked in. Go ahead, get your blogger account, reserve your blog name. It's inevitable.

Anonymous said...

How long did it take you?
Reading your response with your half-faced picture is pretty spooky. The eye has told me to get a blog. I'm praying on it.
Your Sister