Friday, May 26, 2006

Dance Dance Evolution

So a friend of mine just emailed me a link to this guy's YouTube video. Apparently, his name is Judson Laipply. He dances through the second half of the 20th century from Elvis to the Brady Bunch to MJ to the Backstreet Boys.

Here's the thing, her email said, "I saw this and immediately thought of you." You'll have to watch it to work out whether that is a complement or an insult. I have to hand it to the guy, though. He doesn't look like much of a dancer and he starts off kind of slowly, but he is pretty schmoove. And he has an incredible amount of energy to keep the act moving for a full 6 minutes. It's well worth it if you've got the time.

Click on the pic to go to the video.

4 comments:

Larry said...

I saw the video prior to your post. Why are you so surprised that anyone would be reminded of you?

Cleveland Rocks! If you reallyl want to laugh take a look at the dance number in the beginning of a Drew Carey episode

Phil said...

... google search ... "b-o-s-t-o-n A-r-e-a K-r-o-c C-e-n-t-e-r"

enter

...

what the? :)

sara* said...

It was certainly meant as a compliment. I promise.

Pete said...

Haven't seen the vid, but his initial look and build is more like me than you-ha! :o)

If he can move better than he looks, then I can understand the comparison.