Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Confessions of an Addict - A cry for help


So a funny thing has happened to me recently. I used to be a 12-cup-a-year coffee drinker. Over the past few months, I now find myself sharing the experience of so many people I know, not feeling fully awake until I drink a cup of coffee in the morning. What's worse, I don't really like home-brewed coffee without that horrible Coffeemate French Vanilla "cream." It's probably eating my insides out right now as I blog. My body is most likely operating with only one kidney right now and who knows about my spleen? You know that's going to be one of those 11 o'clock news teasers pretty soon: The artificially flavored cream substitute you're using in your coffee could be killing you, details at 11.

So I feel like I need to quit. Cold turkey. Since they haven't come out with Javaderm, the simple patch you stick on your arm to kill your cravings, I feel this is the only way to go. And I'm going to quit. But not today. I'm feeling a little sluggish.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Pete said...

Don't worry... soon enough you will enjoy this tailor made Christian drug of choice home-brewed, starbucks, dunkin (aka BURNT), hot, cold, "lite n sweet", black, re-warmed, left-over pot from last night re-warmed, etc etc etc.

Most certainly that Coffeemate stuff is causing irreparable damage.

Let's talk again when you've reached my personal favorite "1-pot-a-morning" phase.