Friday, July 08, 2005

Back in Boston

Ok, so I've now been here for a week--over a week in the area, a week at work. It's really a little strange to be here. At moments, it feels so normal to be here. At other times, it's surreal, almost like the last year never took place at all. It's very strange. Quite a bit has changed here and yet, obviously most things are very much the same.

My job is new, which is probably a good thing as far as the surreality goes. I'm working through the curriculum that I will be using in the fall. My job is lay leader & discipleship development. Sorry to the non-churchy folks who might be reading this, I'm sure that last sentence didn't make a lot of sense to you. Basically the goal is to increase non-ordained regular, working people who are volunteer leaders in various aspects in their Salvation Army churches in Massachusetts.
I have my own office, an experience I was only granted once before for 10 months as an assistant principal. This office is smaller than that one, but I have a great view. I mean, look, there's a castle. Who else can boast a castle view?

Jen is in her groove at camp, much more comfortable in that setting than in the big city and the girls are really enjoying themselves. Riley comes home with a new song every day and gets all the attention she can handle. Sydney is on the verge of walking and she's really coming out of herself seeing people other than her sister and her parents daily.

I'm reading a lot which I enjoy.

This is a terribly boring post, but I guess it's really more for me than for anyone else.

2 comments:

Allison Ward said...

hey, I'm finally on the computer! Hoorrayy! You did an awesome job at vespers! HOpe your enjoying Mass. bo hoooo I wish you lived in NY! oh well... I gtg update everything!
Much LOve,
Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey Drew! Welcome back to MA! It's Melissa from Chelsea. I just found your blog! I wish I had found it sooner to keep in touch while you were away. Oh well.. I have a blog on myspace.com...check it out if you'd like!