Friday, December 02, 2005

Manger Throne


I don't know if you feel this way, but with so much going on, though I know Thanksgiving is over and it's December 2, I don't feel like it's Christmas time yet. I've seen snow, and still it seems like the summer just ended. Wake me up when September ends.

Anyway, to attempt to remedy this situation and enjoy the next 3 weeks in gear with what's going on, I sought out some Christmas music from our music department yesterday. I found City on a Hill: It's Christmas Time. There are some great finds on it.

I'm naturally biased toward anything by Third Day. I think Mac Powell could sing "This is the song that never ends" and I would love it, but I found the lyrics to their track on this CD particularly poignant. It's called Manger Throne.

What kind of King would leave His throne
In Heaven to make this earth His home?
While men seek fame and great renown,
In loneliness our King comes down.

Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
How we thank You that You’re come.
Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
A manger throne for God’s own Son.

You left the sound of angels’ praise
To come for men with unkind ways.
And by this Baby’s helplessness,
The power of nations is laid to rest.

Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
How we thank You that You’re come.
Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
A manger throne for God’s own Son.

What kind of King would come so small,
From glory to a humble stall?
That dirty manger is my heart, too.
I’ll make it a royal throne for You.

Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
How we thank You that You’re come.
Jesus, Jesus, precious One,
A manger throne for God’s own Son.

My heart is a throne,
My heart is a throne for God’s own Son.

5 comments:

Allison Ward said...

Wake me up when September ends...I wonder how many people caught on to that

BrownEyedGirl said...

nice song...That dirty manger is my heart too..
Is it September already??

Tim said...

Haha! You provided a link for The Song That Never Ends. Hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

I agree about Mac Powell. I was listening to their latest CD while in a bookstore the other day and I was swept away in praise, not even knowing the words of the songs.

Your sister

Anonymous said...

Manger Throne -
Originally on a Julie Miller non-Christmas CD (she sings b/u on this version). Great song. BTW thanks for typing the lyrics for me, now I can make a power point for church.

-Surfer looking for lyrics...
Dighton, MA